Today has been a long day with a lot of random things! I'm not sure where to begin!
Scoop 1!
The beginning should work right? Well Kyle aka Brother and I went to breakfast this morning...we are not morning people so I have no idea why we did this. But we had some quality friendship time and talked about life and the like. We talked about worrying and what it is exactly. I believe worrying is pretty much an addiction. I say addiction because we try to control the way things are happening in our lives and we don't "give it up" to God to take care of, we try to fix it on our own, and think we got everything under control. We can't control others or their decisions. Things are gonna happen and when we worry about things we unnecessarily stress ourselves out and in turn can affect someone else in an un-positive way. Advice: Look up Matthew 6:34, it says "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" HOW TRUE!!!
I know that this is easier said than done...trust me it's pretty much the story of my life!
Scoop 2!
So I listen to David Platt sermons whilst getting ready in the mornings fyi. The other day he was talking about how Christians in America assume the blessings of God are mainly materialistic. While this is true there are also the "basic" (for lack of better words p.s. I'm para-phrasing now) and first & foremost blessings Christians have received from God. Those being God's grace, kindness, mercy, love & His Son Jesus Christ. It made me think what kind of message we're sending to believers all around the world. Are we basically telling them that unless they have these HUGE mega-churches, nice cars, mansions, & lots of dough then God isn't/doesn't want to/won't bless them? How messed up & false is that? ....just some food for thought...
Let me just say that I am truly blessed not only because God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross to cover my sins & receive the glory from it but also because He has placed wonderful, amazing, patient, & diligent friends in my life. I don't know where I would be without them. I know that I can call my friends like Amanda, Yvonne, Jesse, Blake, Kim, Mandi, and the list goes on and on and know that they'll be there for me whether I just need to vent, cry, scream, or anything else. I am blessed!
I had a lot of random other things that happened today but I'll save those for another day.
I repeat that same verse to myself a thousand times a day!
ReplyDelete