Today has been a freakin fantastic day if I do say so myself! It's been long but it's been phenomenal. P.S. I should be doing homework instead of blogging.lol
Tonight one of my best friend's spoke about his 6 months term in Southeast Asia and how God challenged and encouraged him. I know for the most part I give him a really hard time and I'm pretty mean to him but he encourages me a lot and challenges me to be a better person.
He spoke about trusting in God...hello story of my life! It's so hard to do that! Like currently I'm waiting to hear back from the program he just finished. It's called Hands On and is a section of the IMB (International Mission Board). Hands On terms last 4-7 months and pretty much you spend that time "job shadowing" (for lack of better words) missionaries overseas. Something he said really convicted me and made me realize I do this a lot. I try to have a back-up plan just in case God's plan doesn't work out.
How messed up is that? I know in my head that I need to trust in God's plan for my life and that life is going to go the way He wants it to so that He receives the glory for the things that happen in my life. It's just a matter of getting my heart to trust in God and have the patience necessary to truly believe that God's plan is the best one for me and to let go of my so called back up plan for my life.
I'm really glad my friend made it back safely and readily admits that he still doesn't have it all together. That in and of itself is encouraging too. It reassures me that I'm not alone in not having it all together even though some people expect me to have it all together and know what I'm doing at this cross roads in my life.
Jeremiah 6:16 says:
This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Some rest for my soul would be fantastic right about now. :)
I really love this song because it motivates and convicts me to really reflect Christ like I should. It's kinda long but you should definitely check it out.
And this is especially for my friend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment