Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is this real life?

So I told my friend Blake that this post would be dedicated to him so yeah...

I was talking to Blake about starting this blog business stuff and he was like why? I in turn said well why not?  His response was it's a commitment, most people can't.

*Disclaimer:  I have a bad habit of doing stuff and then when I lose interest or something is no longer exciting to me I stop doing whatever it was I was doing. Plus let me explain my friendship with Blake, We love to hate each other and then randomly will have really deep conversations because we're close like that*

I then said 2011 is gonna be about commitment for me.


Blake is right commitment is something that a LOT of people can't well ...commit to ever really doing.  I'm pretty guilty of this too. 

Don't get me wrong because I CAN commit to things.  The things I don't like to commit to are the really deep & serious commitments...like the BIG stuff like settling down with a guy, getting married, having kids and the like.  It just really scares me!!  I've really come to like being independent and taking care of myself and sometimes it scares me how independent I really am.lol

I'm not big on the whole New Year's Resolutions either.  I figure if you're really gonna do it then just do it.  Why do you need a CERTAIN specific day to start something you really want to COMMIT to in your life?  Life is about living and if you want to make a change just freakin make it already!

Ever heard the expression "Preachin' to the choir"?  That's the story of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment