To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.
Reba McEntire
Life is nothing without friendship.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
Robert Frost
A quick update on my mom! She was released from the hospital on Thursday afternoon! Praise the Lord!
Life can be quite humorous sometimes. Like when you're a kid you'd give almost anything to be a "grown-up" so you can do whatever you want and when you're finally older and more responsible you'd give almost anything to be a little kid again without any real worries or stress. I think I'm in the latter stage right now. I'm planning my capstone meeting and Blizzard 2011 has really messed stuff up. I'm behind about a week with the things on my timeline, the meeting itself is about 3 weeks away, I still haven't gotten the speaker the topic, and I hate refining budgets. I wish sometimes I could be humble, lay my pride aside and ask for help sometimes but that's like asking a tiger to change its stripes. Everything is going to work out I'm sure but it's still gonna bug me until the day I turn in the stinkin manual.
Enough of that humbug crap. Lately, God has been showing me just how blessed I am. Making me realize I need to focus on the good things in my life and embrace them. I'd like to think I'm doing fantastic at it! Yesterday was Valentine's Day and before I hated it with a passion. Like everything else in life I had to make a choice, I could either feel the same way or choose to embrace the love of those around me and choose whether or not to have a positive attitude....I chose a positive attitude and I had a blasty BLAST!
Life is too short to worry about tomorrow, regret the past and not embrace today and everything it has to offer. It comes down to the choice you make when you wake up. Either look for the positive and seek God and have a life full of wonderful memories or choose to focus on the negative, have regrets later in life, and play the what if game. Don't get me wrong there are days where we feel bad, down, negative but that doesn't mean even through that we can't choose to look for the positives. We truly are blessed to live in a wonderful country with the freedom Jesus Christ has given us whether we believe in him or not.
I'm not sure everything I've written has made total sense to anyone but then again when does it ever?lol I encourage us to live life, become an active partner in it and not just watch it go by and throw pity parties. I've been learning that they never accomplish anything anyways.What's with all the "life" quotes you ask? I say why not?lol This past week has been a rollercoaster of....well life. Life happens and sometimes not fairly. But life goes on whether we like it or not. I guess that's my apology for not blogging in a week!haha
No comments:
Post a Comment